We do our best to respond quickly to all enquiries. You can help us by making sure all ticket-related e-mails contain the following information: Full name, Icelandic id number (if applicable), name of show in question, date(s) and time.
You can reach us via telephone by dialing (+354)527-2100 on business days between 11am and 5pm and two hours before shows.
All information regarding shows and events can be found here on the website or at our facebook page.
General ticket price for family shows in Tjarnarbíó is 3.100kr
Ticket price for guest works and other events in Tjarnarbíó varies. Please look for each individual event regarding prices. Please note that house discounts don’t necessarily apply to guest works and events other than shows belonging to our season.
Discount for senior citizens, the disabled and artist unions is 20% on general prices. Please contact us through midasala(hjá)tjarnarbio.is and we’ll reserve tickets and sent you a payment link with the discount applied.
Artist unions and students of LHÍ get a special ticket price on the day of. Please contact midasala(hjá)tjarnarbio.is for more info.
Subscription cards bought at the start of a season are valid throughout that season and expire at the end of the season.
- From Monday, October 5th, all theater guests born before the year 2005 must wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose. This applies as soon as a guest enters the building.
- It’s the guests’ responsibility to bring their own masks. Guests that do not bring their own masks can buy disposable masks in the building.
- Guests that refuse to wear a mask will be escorted our of the building. In such cases the tickets will be considered used and will therefor not be refunded.
Regarding tickets and shows
- The ticket holder is responsible for knowing the correct show-date and time.
- For family shows, all children must have a ticket. Seating a child on your lap without a ticket is not allowed.
- Use of mobile devices is not allowed during shows.
- Please review your ticket purchase before finalizing it, i.e. place, date, time and seats. It is not always possible to change tickets your tickets after purchase is complete.
- Tickets can be reserved for a maximum of 7 days. After that the reservation is canceled.
- A ticket is considered used if a request for change has not been made at least 24 hours before the show starts.
- Resale of tickets resulting in a profit is strictly forbidden and will result in the ticket being canceled.
- If an event or show is canceled, ticket holders are offered similar tickets for the next date or a full refund.
- If an event or show date is changed, tickets are automatically moved to the new date. If that date is unsuitable for the ticket holder, he/she is entitled to a full refund within 7 days from the announcement.
- When purchasing a ticket with Tjarnarbíó, via the internet, the telephone or at our box office, the ticket holder has 14 days to cancel the purchase and receive a full refund. However, this does not apply if there are less than 14 days until the event or show takes place. Tickets purchased with gift cards are not refunded. Group offers are not refunded.
- Tjarnarbíó’s gift cards expire in three years from the date of purchase. If ticket prices increase between seasons or the gift card is used to purchase tickets with a higher price than the general price, the customer needs to pay the difference. Gift cards are not refunded. In some special cases, gift cards might have a shorter expiry date than mentioned above.
- A lost gift card is lost money.
Parking – We encourage our guests to consider giving their car a break and use more environmentally friendly means of transport. However, we realize that’s not always possible. In those cases, Reykjavík City Hall offers a spacious parking garage with opening hours between 7am and midnight. Standard city parking rates apply.
Wheelchairs – Tjarnarbíó and Tjarnarbarinn are both wheelchair accessible. Ticket staff will assist guests in wheelchairs in finding suitable space inside the theater.
Tjarnarbarinn – Café and Bar
Center of Arts and Creativity
Tjarnarbarinn – Cafe and Bar serves all sorts of liquid refreshments, hot and cold. Also a variety of sweets and treats. Guests are free to bring their refreshments with them and enjoy while watching the show.
Tjarnarbarinn – Cafe is open between 11am and 5pm. The menu includes delicious vegetable soups, grilled paninis and sourdough bread with hummus – all home made. We also offer freshly baked croissants, muffins- and of course coffee and tea.
The building is over 100 years old and rich in history, having i.a. once been a firehouse. The building’s down town location by Reykjavík pond makes for easy access and beautiful surroundings.
Tjarnarbíó main hall in theater set-up can seat 180 people with easy expansion to 208 people. For standing events, the building can house up to 300 people.
Tjarnarbíó offers excellent make-up and costume facilities. The main hall comes standard in theater set-up but can be altered to fit seated events for up to 130 people. Tjarnarbíó currently does not offer chairs and tables for such events but we can serve as intermediary between clients and Reykjavík City Hall regarding rental of such equipment. Same goes for cutlery and other utensils.
Outside Tjarnarbíó’s main hall is Tjarnarbarinn, our cozy little cafe and bar, also available for rent. During rent, Tjarnarbarinn retains exclusive rights to all sales of food and/or beverages in the building. Tjarnarbarinn can seat up to 70 people, offering table, chairs and basic utensils.
Tjarnarbíó also offers several smaller rooms for rent. Our rehearsal space can easily fit up to 20 people and our enclosed yard is a beautiful option in good weather. Tjarnarbíó sits in a residential area and has an entertainment- and alcohol licence until 11pm.
The building is a fully equipped theater, with state of the art sound system, monitors, mics, lights and projectors. You can read more about Tjarnarbíó’s tech list below.
Tjarnarbíó employs skilled technicians with great knowledge of the building and it’s capabilities. If you are interested in renting Tjarnarbíó for an event, or would like more information, please contact us at tjarnarbio(at)tjarnarbio.is
The Venue's Equipment
TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT LIST FOR TJARNARBÍÓ THEATRE
On-Stage Projector Screen 6.5m x 3.7m 16:9 Ratio
Hitachi CP-X 10000 7500 ANSI Lumens
Panasonic PT AE4000 1600 lumens
Grand MA2 OnPC Command Wing Lighting desk
144 Identical Dimmer Channels
30 x ETC ColorSource Par Deep Blue
6 x ROBE DL4S
2 x ETC Revolution
38 x PAR CP64 1000w
8 x ETC S4 Zoom 15/30 750w
16 x ETC S4 Zoom 25/50 750w
4 x Prelude Fresnel 2Kw
1 x Unique Fog Machine
2 x Meyer Sound System CQ
2 x Meyer Sound UPJ-1
Meyer Sound 750-P Sub
2 x Meyer Sound UPJ-1
4 x Yamaha DSR112 Active monitor
Allen&Heath iLive T80 20 Fader Mixing Desk
iDR 32 MixRack Slave
5 x Audix OM7
6 x Audix i5
2 x Audix ADX-51 cardoid condenser
2 x Audix D2
1 x Audix D4
1 x Audix D6
3 x Mipro Cordless Mic ACT-707HM
3 x Mipro ACT-7T Sender W/Headworn / Lavalier Mic
2 x Stereo DI Box Klark Teknik DN200
3 x Mono DI Box Klark Teknik DN100
1 x Straight Mic Stand
8 x Boom Mic Stand
5 x Low Mic Stand